Pages

Followers

Thursday, 4 August 2016

My first journey with Parchment and Groovi Plates.



Good Morning Folks

A few of you may know I am having a bit of a break from
card crafting until we move back to our house after being flooded
in December.

But I was getting so bored, a friend suggested having a look at
Clarity Groovi plates and parchment work.

And, I have to say I have got well and truly hooked,  talk about an obsession lol,
I absolutely love doing this form of craft.
So if you fancy a try, just go on and have a go.

Anyway thought I would put my journey on here, I only received my first
few plates last Friday and the pricking tools and scissors yesterday, so,
 I am  very new to this art form.
so here we go my first few practise pieces
Hugs
Janet xxx

This is the very first one, started with the basic plate and added
bits from two other plates
I then used some polychrome pencils for colour 
  With this one I used a number of different plates
and just made it up as I went along, however, I was too heavy handed with  the white
work on the holly leaves and lost most of the definition.
 This one needs the edges pricking and cutting and
I coloured it with a Wink of Luna pens which worked quite well.
I love this one lol, and it was my first time using the pricking tools
I used the 2 needle one, and Pergamano Scissors to cut which for my
first time of doing this I feel really proud of my self 





12 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my word Janet, these are all fabulous and for your first attempt at Parchment I think you have done amazing! I love them all. I do love Parchment too and am doing some today too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jan Ltc said...

Wonderful work xx Jan

Lynne K said...

Wow, they're fantastic, Janet! Wouldn't believe you hadn't done it before! I used to do a bit of parchment work a few years ago (before Groovi!) but didn't get on with it very well. Absolutely love your reindeer one, and the birds (partridges in the pear tree?).

Hugs, Lynne xx

Jennifer Bradley said...

Oh Janet, I cannot believe that these are your first attempt, they are stunning. The designs are wonderful
and as for the last one that you have cut out, I am so impressed. I can safely say you excel with parchment craft. Hugs Jennifer xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

Janet these are gorgeoussssss
Gr Karin

cotnob said...

Wow! These are stunning Janet, I can't believe this was your fist attempt, they're brilliant.
Pauline
x

Jackie Trinder said...

Oh wow they are all stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Brawny said...

What a great start Janet. Fabulous work x

Andree said...

Beautiful parchment work Janet. It's a wonderfully relaxing pastime and it looks like you've taken to it very well xx

cheryl said...

oh sweetie,these are more than stunning,the detail is just exquisite,and oh lushes so lushes hun,hugs Cherylxxxx

NanaConnie said...

These are gorgeous, Janet! I love them both colored and left as white on white. I'm going to have to investigate some of these.

Carol said...

Wow Janet, these are gorgeous...you've made it look so easy!
Didn't realise you'd been flooded, although I knew parts of Kendal had been hit badly...not been over that way yet this year but hoping to rectify that soon. Hope your house is sorted soon. Carol x