Pages

Followers

Saturday, 31 May 2014

KENDAL CASTLE RUINS

 
 
Hi Folks
 
Different kind of post from me this afternoon.
 
Today, I went Mountain Climbing.................
Well that's what it felt like!! 
 The Castle ruins are just behind our house and it is a short cut to the Cemetery so visit
my Mum, normally we walk along the Canal banks ( which is no longer there,
they are going to re install it again, and have been repairing the cross over bridges, but,
that is a another story.
Anyway I said we will take the short cut up to the Castle, which I have never used for years
when I was young this was our playground so would run up. BIG MISTAKE
I thought I was going to need an ambulance lol, what with getting old and Asthma, not a
good mix with a near vertical climb.
This is where we walked up through the trees instead of
 
The grown up path which is still quite
steep

and here a few photos of the Castle Ruins
The Kitchen and the big hall

 
The Dungeon was under this tower,
it was our favourite hiding place, very creepy
There is lots of work going on here at the moment
by the Heritage Society, making it more accessible, and repairing damage.
I have no idea what kind of damage we did when we played here
50+ yrs ago, !! 

 I hope you enjoyed my little tour around my "Backyard/Playground"
Hugs
Janet xxx
 


10 comments:

Lexie said...

Oh fabulous! So beautiful around there and you must have tonnes of memories. But yes...it would just about finish me off as well! :D
xx

Linda Simpson said...

What a fabulous backyard/playground Janet, I bet you had lots of fun when you where a child. Fabulous photographs and thank you for sharing.
Hugs
Linda xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Great photos and what a beautiful place to live
Carol x

cotnob said...

I don't think I would have attempted that climb Janet, I bet the view from the top is fabulous though!
Pauline
x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful photos Janet.
Kevin xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Beautiful photo's Janet it certainly looks like it was worth the effort of walking up the hill.
Lindsay xx

Stephanie said...

Beautiful photos. I love exploring.

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh how lucky you are, it looks magical to me, you live in a country steeped with history, thanks for sharing!
hugs
Glenda

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

The ruins look like such a beautiful place. I'd love to take a blanket and go colour there :-)
Well done you though.....I'd never have reached the top!!!! I'd have got half way up and then rolled back down lol

<3 & hugs
Lisa xxxx

Gwyneth said...

Lovely view back down and great photos of the castle. You'll have to allow more time for the climb next time and have a picnic stop half way. I know I'd never make it a quarter of the way.