Pages

Followers

Tuesday, 11 March 2014

SANTA MUERTE

 
 
Good Afternoon Everyone
 
I hope you are all fit and well on this gorgeous sunny
afternoon.
 
This could be my last blog before I go off to Mexico on my holidays,
we will be away nearly 3 weeks, never been away that long before
I hope I will not get bored, what with all the sun sea and sand and of course
the odd couple of drinks and loads to eat. I have set myself the target of
swimming for 1 hour every day as I have lost nearly 2 stones over the last 6 months and
don't intend to put the weight back on, but, I will see how I  manage.
 
Now onto my creation for today.
This is a large Shadow Box that will hang on one of the
bedroom walls, which we have just painted in green.
This happens to be the room my Son and Daughter in Law use when they come and
house sit while we are away, but, when Melissa saw the subject she said  she does not
want it hung up until I come back as she found it scary,  what do you think?
 
 
The image is called
SANTA MUERTE Spanish for
SAINT DEATH OR LADY DEATH. and is one of
Mitzi Sato-Wiuff images and I loved colouring it.
You can buy this and many more  of her images from
 
I also used the amazing new
TATTERED LACE DIES    Lavish Blooms
Available from
and
 
The Shadow Box was cut using my Cameo.
Thank you all so much for visiting and leaving me a comment.
Hugs
Janet xxx


 
 
 


23 comments:

Kate M said...

It's a beautiful shadow box and the colours and flowers are beautiful, but I can see what your Daughter in law means about it being scary.
xx

Stephanie said...

Your project is beautiful! I love the image and flowers. The colors are great also.

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Janet, I hope you have a wonderful holiday in Mexico.

Your shadow box looks fabulous, love the design and the flowers are stunning. I have to agree even though you have coloured the image beautifully (as always) it is a bit scary.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Jan Ltc said...

Great image and beautifully made card xx Jan

Catz said...

I don't think it's scary at all. It's gorgeous though. So ornate and delicate. ♡

sandra carey said...

Wow this is stunning Janet love all of those embellishments To have a wonderful Holiday Hugs Sandra xx

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Fantastic project in green
bravo
hugs Tamara

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Evening Janet this is an awesome creation hun it and ty for leaving comments on my blog x

Laine said...

Seen this on the Aurora Wings FB page Janet and it fabulous. I love it.
Laine
xx

cheryl Baker said...

This is stunning hun the detail is amazing hugs cheryl xxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous great design and image.xxx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Oh my, this is absolutely stunning!!! The colour pallet is lovely, and suits this make perfectly. Gorgeous image and amazing embellishments that are gorgeously arranged. I am in awe of this!!
Hope you have a wonderful holiday lovely lady.

<3 & hugs
Lisa xxxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Janet, I like the colours the image and the design.
Kevin xx

Glenda Atkins said...

What an amazing Shadow Box, beautifully embellished with a wonderfully coloured image! wow!
hugs
Glenda

Avril Ann said...

I don't think it is scary at all, Janet, beautiful Shadow Box, have a fun time in Mexico xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Janet with a buch of gorgeous flowers.

gr karin

Vee Cassidy said...

This is absolutely stunning, Janet. Sheer perfection. Vee xx

Debbie Fisher said...

Wow ab fab creation Janet sooooooooooooooo beautiful, love this xxxx

Rosebuds n Ribbons said...

Stunning Janet xx
Surprise for you over on my blog
Hugs Susan xx

Mrs O crafty blog said...

This piece of work is stunning.. Enjoy Mexico Px

Elly P said...

Stunning work and beautifully designed.
hugs
Elly P
x x

Moira Gray said...

Fabulous, love the papers and image and the flowers. Great work.

Moira xx

Lea Brawn said...

I like it. Fab image. Great creation...not scary at all lol x