Pages

Followers

Tuesday, 11 February 2014

DRAGON LORE

 
Good Afternoon Folks
 
The SUN is shining but, it is very cold, and it is suppose to snow, no signs yet though.
 
I was at the hospital yesterday,  with my OH it could have been very bad
( well, when he saw the GP at 10am on Friday, the Hospital phone at 11.30am
with an appointment for the Monday after,) I am likely to panic a bit. However,
everything turned out good, so I celebrated by doing some colouring.
 
This is one of Mitzi's images from Aurora Wings called
 Dragon Lore.
I was not sure about this as I have never coloured a Dragon before, I knew I wanted
red & black colour combo and not to make a card.
I also used, go on, you can guess! a
Tattered Lace Die just one little leaf die, but, cut lots of times
I  then inked and embossed with clear embossing powder all the leaves, then dabbed them with
 a gold Tim Holz Dabber
Cut 3 frames from Papermill Direct card in red and black. For the top frame I embossed using
the free A4 folder I received with my EBosser then stroked it with Tim Holtz distressed dabber in Brass.
I added some roses ( well I did have to pretty it up a little, I couldn't go completely dark)
and some brass corners, butterfly and skull, with red gems for the eyes.
 
I would really like to know what you think, and if you have any suggestions re
colouring of the Dragon 
Hugs
Janet xxx
 
 

 
 


14 comments:

Pumpy said...

Hi Janet, I think it is sensation able, the colouring is perfect. xx

Kate M said...

Beautiful image and colouring - the dragon looks fine to me! Love your tiny leaves - fabulous card.
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Janet, very beautiful done.

gr karin

Linda Simpson said...

WOW! this is absolutely stunning Janet! Love the gorgeous image and the colouring of this image is superb.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,love the image and fab details.xxx

Nicky Wilcox said...

OMG its stunning such an amazing card the image is fabulous xxx

Lorraine said...

Hi Janet, This is just stunning...I love the image, colour and all the finishing touches look amazing too.
I also would like to say a huge thank you to you for all the lovely comments that you leave for me over on my blog, I really do appreciate them and just wish that I could find more time to be a better blogger.
Huge Crafty Hugz, Lorraine xx

Chris said...

Wow this is fabulous Janet and I love the leaf frame. Chris xx

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Hi Janet hun she s fabulous love her great job x

cheryl Baker said...

oh gosh this looks amazing hun love it hugs cheryl xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous coloured dragon,love the foliage frame,skull charm and embossed backgroung -good to hear it turned out well for your O/H
Carol x

Cheremane said...

Oh wow this is stunning xx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

What a really great card with an element of the dark side in it. The image is fantastic and very detailed, you have coloured it perfectly. Love the frame with the diecut vines around it. A great centre piece card.

<3 & hugs
Lisa xxxx

Tracy Welham said...

Gosh, this is fantastic!