Pages

Followers

Monday, 6 January 2014

Playing with my new Tattered Lace Dies

 
 
Good Afternoon All
Wow what a horrible wet and cold day it is
 
I hope you have all recovered from your New Year Celebrations
Today I have been playing with some new  Tattered Lace Dies
I received for Christmas
.
I APOLOGIS IN ADVANCE FOR THIS LONG BLOG
as I have made 2 cards .
 
Everyone who has used them says how easy they are to get out
of the dies and they really are,  and they cut so well using my other
new toy an Ebosser.  I have been so busy doing DT samples over the
past few weeks I have not been able to use them until this week.
 
For my 1 st. card  I have used the Tattered Lace Cycle from the His and Hers collection
and I have also had a go at making my own background ( all because I was watching
a recording of Julia Watts from Creative Expressions this morning )
I do need more practise though)
I used Tattered Lace stamps and embossed them on the bottom of the first layer
a mask I cut out using the Cameo to randomly  ink through with Distressed inks
I then embossed the top half using an embossing fold from Spellbinders
I also used a spellbinder die for the circle behind the Cycle.





 
 
The 2nd card  uses the Tattered Lace Sawing Machine and all the other gorgeous bits that come with it, Scissors, Thimble, bobbin and safety pin. But, I do need
to find another way of making a table as the legs look a  little  wobble!
 
The background papers all embellishments & sentiment where from
https://www.e-scapeandscrap.net/boutique/ and created using Serif CA 2 &MCS.
However, as there is no day light my photos are not good.
 
Thank you for taking the trouble to visit my blog and wade through
this longer than normal blog.
Hugs
Janet xxx












 
 
 
 


17 comments:

jane stillman said...

Two fabulous cards Janet. Love the background and colours on the first one, and the sewing one is gorgeous, love all the die cuts. There was a die that Nancy said could be chopped and turned upside down to make a table, but unfortunately I can't remember which one it was!! - sorry - I'm sure if you look at some of your other dies you will find one that will fit the bill xx

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Gorgeous Janet hun seem to have been missing your blog - sorry must try harder lol - have a nice evening xxx

Claire Cady Green said...

Lovely cards I love the sewing machine die. Your backgrounds are great, I have never tried this myself but you have done a fab job.x

Sheen said...

Wow, my friend, these are both simply gorgeous. I love them both and think I need all these dies!
Crafty hugs, Sheenagh xxx

Kate M said...

Two great cards but I do love that sewing machine, table and scissors etc - stunning!!
xx

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Janet these are both stunning! I love the background of the first one it is superb, the second one is my favourite as I do so love that sewing machine.

Hugs
Linda xxx

sandra carey said...

Wow 2 beautiful card I really love the sewing machine die and how you made your own background I must try this to Hugs Sandra xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

Janet such beautiful cards and use of papers.

gr karin

Carol said...

Two lovely cards Janet. I treated myself to some dies too and they're so easy to remove. Carol x

Zoe said...

Hi Janet, Happy New Year, I love both of these, I love the green one the most because I love green, your background on the purple one is fabulous, well done, isn't it fun creating? Xxx

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous cards, love the colours and details on bouth
hugs Tamara

cheryl Baker said...

Oh just love tl dies hun and this is one super card love your dies hugs cherylxx

Andree said...

Both fantastic cards Janet. I love the softness of the first one. The background and braided ribbon are gorgeous. I love the wonderful vintage look of the second card and the fabulous die-cuts.
Happy New Year to you x

Rita Rooney said...

stunning card...x

Tracey Murphy said...

Wow, Janet! These are so beautiful and full of gorgeous detail. I especially love the top one - the colours are divine and I love the plaited ribbon across the centre xx

Debbie Fisher said...

Amazing cards Janet, i too love the Tattered lace dies, i`ve been having a play with the owl ones this afternoon xxx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Two beautiful cards and both very different. Love the colour choices and all the detailing.

<3 & hugs
Lisa xxxx