Pages

Followers

Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Broken Heart

 
 
Hi Folks
 
I have just been colouring over the last couple of days and this card is
one that I made.
 
I have been using Velvet card to colour on, with copic and it is really good to us. But,
I have found out that I cannot colour the edges with Distressed inks, I  just cannot  blend the ink.
My fingers do not like to cut out, as you can see with my image!! but, the ink made such a
mess on the card I had no option but to cut out the image, has anyone else who uses
Velvet card have this happen, and if so, how did you overcome the problem
 
Right onto my card, I have used ( surprise, surprise) another of
Heather Valentin's wonderful images, this time it is
Genevieve Melancholy Moppet, and she looks to me as if
she has been left at the Alter, hence, the title Broken Heart
 
I coloured every thing but hair and skin with my promarkers, just for a change.
I hope you like my creation
 
Hugs
Janet

 


18 comments:

Sheila said...

Lovely card x

Chris said...

Gorgeous card, cannot help with the colouring,I like it as it is and the beautiful colours Chris xx

Kay said...

That is a lovely card Janet. I like the way you have cut her out as it makes her stand out on the card. I have had that problem also and I just edge that type of card with the wedge side of a promarker. Some cardstock you just cannot blend ink onto it. Its the finish on the card. love the colours on the card. Kay

cotnob said...

This is a lovely card Janet, gorgeous rich colours.
Sorry I can't help with your distress ink problem, I don't use that card stock - I never could ink the edges very effectively until I started to use the Inkylicious Ink Duster brushes.
Pauline
x

Doreen said...

Beautiful....love the design and colours.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful Janet. Loving the dark colour it is very striking. I have never used DI's on Velvet card so I can't help you.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Kandy's Krafts said...

Lovely image. I especially like the lace too.

Tracey Murphy said...

Beautiful Janet! Love the intense reds and your fab detail. I've not tried Velvet card so I won't be any help at all there lol, but I think you've coloured her beautifully :D
Hugs, Tracey x

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Lovely card,
hugs Tamara

Barbara said...

Ooo, this is different for you, Janet. I really like the colours and the diferent textures xx

Lexie said...

Yet another beautiful card Janet. Really loving these Melancholy Moppets and you create so beautifully with them.
xx

Andree said...

Oh poor Genevieve, and you made her look so pretty Janet. I love the papers and the lace, it's a really pretty card x

Kate M said...

Lovely card, pretty image, lovely colours.
xx

Vee Cassidy said...

Your card is lovely, Janet. Nice to see you using Promarkers a bit! What about pan pastels to edge your velvet card? I bought a couple of the melancholy moppets as I thought they were adorable now I just need time to use them! Vee xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a lovely card love how you addit the lace Janet.

greetings karin

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Janet

Jill Hogg said...

Another fab card Janet x

Jill xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So pretty and elegant, love it I think the quote "parting is such sweet sorrow" would really fit this card
Lindsay xx