Pages

Followers

Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Hello Teddy

 
 
Hi Folks
This posting has been scheduled, as I will not be around
this week
 
This is my Dt project for lejdesigns Challenge
and it is the 1st time I have not made a card for any challenge
I put the Teddy in the bag as the Baby Reindeer is looking up
so thought I would put him in to look down on the Baby Reindeer which is
one of Lindsay wonderful  digi images which is available here
 
This Teddy was last thing my Mum knit before she passed away, she was a brilliant
knitter and made loads of very large themed stuffed toys and raised
hundreds of pounds for Age Concern Charity which she was a Volunteer  for about 10
years.  He now lives in my Craft room, hanging on the radiator,  which was  my Mums
Bedroom, for the past few years and before that it was my bedroom when I was little.
 
 
I used Flocking on the Reindeer, I have had a collection of them
for years but this is the 1st time they have been used
and I think it works well and as he is a baby Reindeer
I thought he might be a bit bitty as his hair grows

the background is holly material, I bought, a few years ago, to make a bag
for my Mum

 
The Sponsors and prizes this week are
 
The first randomly drawn name will win 3 digi's of their choice fro
The second randomly drawn name will this set of promarkers From Ewe 2 can Craft
 

6 comments:

Jan Ltc said...

This is gorgeous xx Jan

Kathryn said...

Ab fabby design xx love how he's looking up at the bear xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the fab image .xxx

Vee Cassidy said...

What a brilliant and beautiful bag, Janet. I love the way you have teamed it with the bear; it is a wonderful display. The bear is one of the most beautifully knitted bears I have ever seen. Your mum must have been so talented. Perhaps you could use more of her lovely creations to display your projects?
I am sorry you are not going to be around this week and I do hope you are okay, dear friend. I have not been keeping up quite as much (hospital yesterday) but have am trying. (very!) Love, Vee xx ps I do hope OH is having some improvement. xx

Andree said...

A fantastic creation Janet. The baby reindeer looks so cute. Your Mum's teddy is wonderful and such a precious keepsake for you x

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous bag Janet, love the use of fabric as the background and that fabulous tree die cut! The Teddy your Mom made is just so wonderful and I can see why you treasure it (besides the fact she made it) as he is totally adorable!
hugs
glenda